Saturday, March 19, 2011

Location, Location, Location!

That's what you hear in real estate all the time. If it's that important for your home, it's equally as important for your body. Well, I happen to believe you can make your home anywhere. I also believe one can adjust their diet based on location, climate and available food sources. If you live in the desert or tropics, by all means you would be well served by an 80-10-10 Raw Vegan Diet. If you live in the Midwest of the United States, maybe that diet's not for you. Native cultures have always sourced their own local food and it usually revolves around availability.
I firmly adhere to a Vegan diet. That can be achieved in any geographic location. Alaska and Iceland may be the two exceptions. It is not my place to tell anyone what to put in their bodies. It is my humble duty to remind you of the harm inflicted upon innocent creatures and Mother Earth. What you decide is best for you is your right as a member of the human race. After witnessing the utter chaos and devastation in Japan, I'm reminded of the fact that we are but mere mortals. On our flight into California, I watched the news of the tsunami that was yet to unfold. That put everything in a new light. I don't actually have problems, I have opportunities.
A lot of this blog has been pretty self-serving, which I guess is why most people blog. I'm not interested in leading the pack or herd or whatever you want to call it. I'm only one piece of the puzzle, as are you. If the whole world went Raw Vegan tomorrow we'd still have many issues at hand. Granted, they would be reduced five-fold.
My location is going to change. Whether it's a new home in Winston-Salem or on the other side of our continent. We have tornadoes and floods, they have earthquakes and the occasional tsunami. Whatever you want out of life, I hope you get it. Time to get mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment