Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Door in Front of Me

    I sometimes feel immense frustration at the wool that's been pulled over our eyes. Our social and environmental conditioning is by design and yet blameless at the same time. The members of our culture can't help but feel isolated and abandoned in such an ugly age. The powers that be are raised from childhood in a familial climate of power, greed and selfishness.
    I also believe that the seed of enlightenment is within us all. It begins with letting go. If you hold a bird too tightly in your hand, you'll crush it. If you release your grip too much, it'll fly away. Finding that balance isn't easy, at least it hasn't been for me. We're so disgusted by the world we see that we try our best to control as many things as we can. As well we should, lest we fall from the brink of our own collective madness.
    For me, a Raw Vegan lifestyle has been a door that's opened me to new possibilities. I never imagined, in my wildest dreams, that I'd ever be eating and living this way. I didn't feel worthy of such pure, clean food. Buddhism has also had an immense impact on me. Ever watched a bitter Atheist blossom into a neutral, contented Buddhist? Me either, but my heart of hearts is writing (and typing) this chapter as we speak. I'm loosening my grip and just watching it all unfold in front of me.
    My connection to the Earth is resonating in deep and profound ways. Mount Shasta, California is the 3rd Earth Chakra and one of our planet's highest energy centers. We'll be living there soon and I can't even begin to tell you how joyful I am about it. My karma is burning bright and I feel as if nothing could extinguish the fire I've started.
    The only wish yet to be fulfilled is to help others. That's what this blog is to me. I've never approached it with a self-serving interest. I have no ambitions other than to help others guide themselves towards they're highest potential. I felt healthy eating cooked Vegan food but I never imagined how far the spectrum could reach. If you think you feel good now, just imagine eating foods that literally digest themselves, leaving more energy than you can even handle at times. Balancing my 3 treasures (shen, chi and jing) is one of the most rewarding challenges I could have undertaken. Bringing my body into alignment, with regards to alkalinity and acidity, is also a great learning experience.
    The process continues. Does it ever end? It's as if I've reintroduced myself to myself. Where I was last week is not where I am at this moment. It ebbs and flows in a beautiful rhythm. It's the soundtrack of our lives. What's on your playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment