Monday, February 28, 2011

The San Francisco Treat

No no, not the rice, I'm referring to our trip coming up next week. We've made a few, let's say alterations, to our trip. We'd been planning on going up to Mt. Shasta CA and Ashland OR to find a place to live. While I absolutely love that area, it's a little isolated for me. See, here's the thing, I want to go to Living Light. It's one of three Raw and Living culinary schools that exist in this entire country. It's an hour or less from the Bay area. My new but dear friend, Amber of Epic Self, is going to show us around San Fran, locals style. If you haven't checked out Epic Self you're missing a very talented Raw and Living enthusiast. She does great online yoga and pilates videos and has a very interesting blog. She's a free spirit indeed. That much is obvious by her writing. She's also interviewed some of the most interesting Raw Foodists out there. I have to say that everyone I've encountered so far in the Raw and Living Foods community is so nice, so approachable, so helpful.

We don't need to live in the San Francisco city limits. Anywhere in the area will do. I think people who move there sometimes make the mistake of being attached to that one particular city. Most times they realize they can't afford it, move somewhere near by and never spend as much time there as they intended. Just getting out of NC for a while will be good enough for me. Berkeley, Oakland or any other surrounding city will be just fine with us. If we don't fall in love with it, we'll probably move to the Los Angeles area. We have friends in both places.

I keep putting off what I really want out of life. Well, I'm finished with that. I had a great conversation Friday night with my friend Steve. He challenged me. He said "What's your passion? Yeah? Why the fuck aren't you doing THAT! Stop making excuses." I'm so thankful for such an honest friend. It all boils down to fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of not being good enough. I've slowly let my humility morph into low self esteem. I'm going to die one day, maybe tomorrow, maybe in 50 years. From this moment on, I'm going to live my passion. I'm going to stop putting off life. Life is what happens while you're making plans. It all seems so simple now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment