Monday, April 18, 2011

Abiding in Equanimity

Yesterday I was reading an anarchist zine that had a great piece about legitimacy and our place in it. It begs the question: How legitimate is a Raw Vegan lifestyle? It's different things to different people. My hope has always been to bring everyone together under the unifying tent of togetherness. Maybe I'm naive, but maybe not. Has our culture become so fractured and despondent that an idea like that is laughed off? If the whole world went Raw and Vegan would we live in a Utopian society? Probably not, for there will always be adversities to overcome. It sure would fix a lot of what's currently wrong with the planet, but not everything. There's still that pesky capitalist "free market" system to deal with.
Listen, I wasn't born yesterday. I'm pretty well-versed in the ways of the world. But the question I pose to you, dear reader, is this: When are we going to get our collective shit together? I include myself as well. This is the dawning of a new age, a Zeitgeist, if you will. What can we do right now to get ourselves and the ones within close proximity to eat a fresher, cleaner, and more compassionate diet? If you can start there, a whole new world opens up.
Can we move past our differences for the greater good? I'm doing my best to annihilate my ego. It simply doesn't fit into my new consciousness. While Buddhists may appear complacent and muted, they are true spiritual warriors. If Jesus was a liberal than Buddha was punk-rock. He was also the only spiritual teacher in history not claiming to have supernatural powers. He questioned the state of things, including himself. Just like Christianity, it's his flock that devalue the message. Ignorance is the true evil of any point in history.
Let's move to a place in the conversation where we feel our thoughts and actions are legitimate. There's nothing attractive about someone who's given up. True wisdom and love can conquer the world.
Until....

No comments:

Post a Comment