Thursday, April 28, 2011

Struggling in the Raw

Staying Raw has been a struggle. Trying to figure out how often, if ever, to eat a cooked Vegan meal has been a real challenge. My life is in a bit of a transition right now. I'm trying my best to get out to CA to do something different with my life. Plans change, and mine change a lot. That's the nature of impermanence. This blog has been my therapy. I can bang away on the keyboard and get it all out. And by out, I mean for the whole world to see. Holding back is not in my nature.
Clearly, being a Raw Foodist is difficult. It's simple, yet not at all normal in mainstream society. I think people want to be healthier, but don't know how. A multitude of distractions make for unthoughtful meal choices. Everyone's trying, in their own way, but it's easy to get down on yourself. Maybe some people truly don't care. It's easy to give up and surrender to the standard american diet. That's a real shame though.
I've always wanted nothing more than to help people. I give myself away every moment of the day. It's not money I'm after, it's happiness. That starts with a Raw foods diet. Our current system is leading us away from all the wisdom we once had. For example, my generation's grandparents knew how to grow food and be self-sustained. What a sad state of affairs we're in today when companies like Monsanto feel they can patent seeds. You cannot patent life. Our government is more corrupt now, than at any other time in our history. Look at what the World bank and the U.N. do around the world. This is a global resource war and our food is a major factor. Money HAS to be taken out of the equation, in a Venus Project sort of way.
The Essene tribe was Raw. Jesus of Nazareth was a member, maybe you've heard of him. The Buddha was Raw as was Leonardo Da Vinci. Not bad company if you ask me. Those were some pretty good teachers and artists. The Raw Truth by Jeremy Safron is such a great source, which is where I learned that bit of information. There's a great line in there that says "The truth doesn't need to be proven." Here here.

No comments:

Post a Comment