Sunday, April 24, 2011

We Are Risen

The journey is the adventure. The destination is completion. This is a very linear way of thinking. I'd like to think of things more like this: The circle is spinning in its cycle. Being that it's Easter Sunday in a lot of Western households, it's a great moment to reflect on our own cycles. It's a great metaphor for inner light and transparency. I've been battling myself for quite a while now. I'll let you in on a little secret: It's Exhausting! 
Raw and Living foods has, at times, spun me out of control and, other times, into perfect balance. Such is life. Having some cooked organic grains a couple times a week has been my saving grace. As long as it's Vegan and healthy, I have no issue with eating Asian and Indian cuisine. What I will always stay away from, is gluten and tofu. I'm not a huge fan of being binded up with glue and mucus. 
My mind and body have pretty much served as a biological and culinary science project for the last six months. My spirit, on the other hand, is unshakable. I take refuge in the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha. I investigate everything, with great skepticism. I go to great lengths to critique my own understanding of this Earth, its inhabitants, and the Universe as a whole. I've given you, the reader, a glimpse into my own undoing and subsequent rebirth via diet and lifestyle change. I've nothing to offer anyone and I expect nothing in return.
In the Daniel Quinn sense of the word, I am a Leaver. To co-exist in this culture is emotional and social suicide. When everyone and everything is healthy, organic, and taken care of, including and especially the homeless, maybe I'll stop blogging. Until then, expect fierce resistance in every sense of the word. I am not angry. I am not bitter. I am not scared. We have a responsibility to do better. We are risen, right here, right now. May love and peace conquer all.

No comments:

Post a Comment