Monday, April 11, 2011

You Are Elated

As I finished my morning grapefruit, I pondered something crucial. "I'm eating to live, not the other way around." Raw and Living foods has transformed me. I feel more primitive, more whole. I realize my place in the ecosystem in a profoundly deeper sense. I've become pro-active in my life, as opposed to reactive. This blog has kind of been all over the place lately, as have I. That's all changing. A calm is beginning to wash over me. I'm not sure if balance is the right word for it, more like spiritual transcendence. Words are not as important to me. As Jeremy Safron said: The truth doesn't need to be proven.
Life is rich and abundant. Six months into a 90+ Raw Vegan lifestyle and I'm still learning so much, but in a more refined manner. The obvious subject matter is well cataloged, sometimes to a fault, within these pages. Us versus Them is actually I. I am. We are. Nothing more, nothing less that's left to discuss. The idle chatter of a suffering mind is painstakingly clear to those around me. To quiet the mind is like moving a mountain; difficult yet not impossible. I've had enough of the struggle, the grasping, and the clinging. I'm sincerely letting go. Ajahn Chah said if you hold onto a bird too tightly, you'll smother it; too loosely, and it flies away.
California is calling. I'm ready to begin the begin. Organic food, landscape, and culture abound in Santa Cruz county. For the time being I intend to enjoy my life in North Carolina. Winston-Salem is my home. I have so many dear friends and loving family here. It's bittersweet. I know it's going to be hard to leave, but it's even harder to stay. Buddhist dispassion is all about non-attachment though. Some say it's cold,  I believe it to be a tool of basic survival. Just like the food we put in our bodies everyday. Fondness and joy are all anyone needs. In an effort to balance out the quality/quantity ratio of this blog, I'm going to focus on some other things in my life for a change. I'll have more to say when I have more to say. Here's hoping we all have more to say.
Much love, much respect....

2 comments:

  1. it IS all about non-attachment. i am so proud because i see it in my daughter. she isn't attached to "stuff", very generous, despite being an only child. it swells my heart to know that i have done at least one thing right in my life. i really enjoyed this blog a lot, as the other day i was questioning "the cold"ness of it all...how non attached i myself am to most things, people, places.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LB, how right you are. It's hard letting go. It's hard holding on as well. The best we can hope for is peace of mind. That's where everything makes perfect sense. I really appreciate the interest in the blog. I hope someone else gets something out of it. It's very cathartic for me.

    ReplyDelete