Saturday, April 9, 2011

Santa Cruz, California

It's been decided. We're moving to Santa Cruz in late July. I'm not a tourist, I'm not a nomad. All the health food stores and organic food growing there will be a constant reassurance that even if the big one comes, we'll be just fine. The elevation of the high cliffs that outline the Central Coast will provide safe haven in the event of a tsunami. When we visited the local shops and grocery store a few weeks ago, we felt strangely at home. I'm ready to get there, embrace it, and blend in. Buddhists temples are all around. The way I see it, I have nothing to lose.
My body and intuition has been very kind to me lately. I'm running like a well-oiled machine. I've been trying to tone down my rhetoric as of late. I've been known to be a loud mouth from time to time. Sometimes it works in my favor, but I think it rubs a lot of people the wrong way as well. It's no fun being a one-dimensional Raw Vegan punk. There are many sides to Eric Wheeling. I'm learning to embrace my Italian roots. I'm not full-blooded but I feel that side more and more the older I get. I'm passionate, stubborn and giving. The Scorpio side only intensifies that. I'm not blaming my wins and losses on my heritage, but it does explain a lot.
I'm ready to wipe the slate clean. Begin the begin as R.E.M. said. Today is open to so many wonderful opportunities. Liz made some amazing kale chips which I matched with stuffed peppers last night. Simple, easy food that keeps us alive. What more could I ask for? I'm doing my best to spend time with my friends before I move. I've been pretty busy and I have a lot to take care of before we leave. If you live in NC, hit me up before the end of June. I would love to see everyone at least once. I'm doing my best but I need you to meet me half way. If you have my number, I'm just a phone call away. If we're friends on Facebook, message me.
I know exactly what I'm going to do in Santa Cruz but cannot share it yet. Some things are private. The support I've already received has far exceeded anything I could've imagined. Who knew me typed so pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment